It appears to be that these days we can’t manage without our web, we use it for work, for play and to remain associated with the rest of the world. But the cost of connections can be rather expensive, thus it is in our wallet’s best interest to choose wisely when it comes to how we buy internet access.
What Is The Difference Between Cable Internet and Cellular Internet?
Cable internet is typically wired and is often used at home or in the office where a fiber optic cable helps transmit high-speed data. GTPL and JioFiber are examples of broadband fiber internet providers in India.
Those who play heavy-graphic games, watch internet-streamed TV or movies and Work from home may also need high speed data.
On the other hand cellular is connected to a portable device which is accessible almost from everywhere. In India Jio and Airtel are the top most cellular internet service providers.
When you are in a hurry or visiting somewhere and need your laptop and cell phones equipped with internet, a cellular or mobile internet is necessary.
Advantages of Cable Internet
- More Reliable: Wired internet are generally more reliable then wireless internet.
- There is no risk of interference from other wireless signals or appliances.
- Makes your network of system less vulnerable for hackers to attack unless someone breaks the connection and tap the signal.
- Faster: wired internet tend to have faster and better transmission speed. They are a better choice for people who uses large amount of bandwidth, including gamers.
Disadvantages of Cable Internet
- Wired connection does not provide mobility during usage.
- Installation of wired internet is very difficult. Difficult to troubleshoot in faulty situation
- It requires more time to install.
- It require’s devices such as amplifiers, regenerators, repeaters, hubs, and switches in order to extend the coverage distance.
Advantages of Cellular Internet
- cellular internet provides mobility during usage.
- Cellular internet helps you to find new information of different areas like you can find the nearest bar, restaurant, and clubs from any location.
- It can used in areas where cables can not be laid out due to its wireless nature.
- It is easy to maintain.
- The mobile and fixed subscribers are connected immediately with cellular network as soon as mobile phones are switched on.
Disadvantages of Cellular Internet
- It offers less data rate compare to wired networks such as fiber optics, DSL, etc. The data rate varies based on wireless standards such as GSM, CDMA, LTE, etc.
- As the communication is over the air, it has security vulnerabilities.
- The wireless communication is influenced by physical obstructions, climatic conditions and interference from other wireless devices.
- Again depending on the provider (and device amongst others), the quality of connections received can be shoddy in hilly areas or in more nature-enclaved zones (with tall trees or mountains).
Which Do You Need
This depends on your usage if you are a gamer or doing work from home and even watching streamed TV, and movies at home, in my opinion you should take the cable internet subscription.
JioFiber and GTPL are the best cable internet service providers in India, if you are going for cable internet option.
If you are a traveler or you are always in hurry to rush somewhere and want to access the internet from the area where cable internet is not available you should go for cellular internet.
If you are going for cellular internet option then Airtel and Jio are the best cellular internet service provider in India.